Monday 15 September 2014

Our Simple Fall Mantel ...

Greetings!!

If we could've pried our fireplace mantel/surround from the wall of our old house and nailed it to the wall here in our new house, we would've!  I truly miss it, but, we hope to "beef" up this one a bit in the near future.

Until then, I can't neglect our simple mantel and had fun adding a few Fall touches to it, with things that I already had on hand ... don't you just love free decorating?!


A pretty Fall print that I snagged from Tuesday Morning a couple of years ago, along with our whimsical "GIVE THANKS" blocks, take center stage:


I like "easy" decorating, which is why I love filling inexpensive apothecary jars with petite pumpkins, acorns and leaves:


A simple basket becomes the perfect place to toss a few pillows and add a soft blanket, inviting "warmth!"  Annnnd, our "falling leaves" made a return, too!


Instead of buying a new fireplace screen, I propped a metal piece from Kirkland's we had on hand against the glass:


I love the soft glow that the lights hidden behind our "GIVE THANKS" blocks, along with the fireplace, give off at night!


And, "speaking" of Fall mantels, I was very surprised (and appreciative) to see one of Fall mantels (from our old house) included in a fun Fall mantel article from Country Living!  Thank you!


Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to finish up our kitchen project where the cabinets are now enjoying a lighter and brighter look... yay!


Happy "early" Fall friends and thanks for stopping by,

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment