Friday 8 November 2013

Fall in the Breakfast Area

Thanks so much to my sweet friend, Laura, from Top This Top That for including me in a fun "Better Late than Never" Fall gathering!


Will you be hosting Thanksgiving this year?  While I'll be cooking a few staple holiday goodies for the upcoming day of thanks, we won't be dining in our breakfast area.


BUT, if we had, I hope that our guests would've felt welcomed by my simple vignette using my favorite chicken wire basket (from Pottery Barn) in the middle of our table, filled with colors and elements of the season,


along with a book of thanks reminding us what Fall is all about.


Over on our dry bar (which, by the way, I STILL love in its shade of Annie Sloane's "Chateaux Grey"), I would've gladly moved our Fall pieces out of the way to make room for all things carbs! 


Yes, this glass cloche filled with tiny pumpkins nestled in between corks and pinecones, could easily have been "scooched" on over to make room for the loaded mashed potatoes! 



Mr. Roo (and his surrounding Fall picks and oversized acorns) would gladly have made room for the turkey!



And, um, WHO wants to even *see* a scale on Thanksgiving, right?  Pumpkin and apple pies would be much easier on the eyes!



Another reason why it's probably a good thing that we're not eating our Thanksgiving meal at this table is because, well, it doesn't quite look like this anymore.



That's right, it's now filled with all things Christmas!  Stay tuned ...

Oh, and before I go … IF, by chance, you have a double pedestal antique table that you'll be seating guests at in a few weeks, make sure you check your legs (to the table, that is) to make sure that one of them isn't loose or cracked.  I'd hate for you to be greeted by this lovely scene that I experienced in our dining room last week … oops!  Thank goodness, I somehow managed to laugh and not cry!  LOL!




Thanks so much for visiting our Fall breakfast area!  Be sure and pop on over and visit these incredibly talented ladies who are sharing their Fall spaces, too!



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment