Tuesday 8 October 2013

Our Fall Kitchen ...

Greetings, friends!

Okay, so if I don't do any other decorating for Fall in our kitchen, the one thing that I'll always incorporate is our Fall family tree!


In years' past, we've pulled out one of our big ol' Christmas trees for the Fall family tree, but, last year and again this year, I've opted for a simple tree on our island, full of faux branches with lights and real branches that I snagged from the woods:



This is one of my favorite "trees" because I love adding pictures of years gone by (such as this one of my younger sister modeling a new purse for my grandparents and great aunts (all but one who have since passed) ...


a few glittery ornaments and familial sayings ...


and, moments that I'll never forget ... such as the moment I met my son for the first time (please pass the tissues)!  


I love being surrounded by family and friends this time of year!

And, because of the saying the "apple doesn't fall far from the tree," I thought it only fitting (and corny at the same time) to add a few faux apples beside our tree (har har)!  But, because I've had these faux apples a few years, the acrylic overlay was starting to crack a bit ... thanks to Ruthie's fun and easy project at Sugarpie Farmhouse, my plain, cracking apples got a new look!  I fancied them up by following her tutorial of dipping them in mod podge, mixed with cinnamon paint (to resemble caramel) and then coating them with corn cob liner (to resemble sweet nuts)!


Yummy!



On the other counters, I chose to keep it pretty simple ... just adding faux pumpkins to one of our canisters ... tying seasonal ribbons around the tops of the canisters ... and, layering a cute Roo tray behind them:


A cute "cow" print (from Home Goods), leaf plate and pumpkin nestled in raffia help out this little vignette:



Annnd, to add a bit of color to our plain lampshade, I wrapped leaf garland (that I had on hand) around the top of the shade!


And, with leftover orange ribbon, I added a bit of it to our shelves to give them a little punch of Fall, too!


Pretty pumpkin platters (from Home Goods), faux pumpkins, leaf garland and wheat help to "Fallify" the soffit a bit:


Of course I had to add string lights into the garland, too, for a little bit o' Fall glooow:


Did you happen to notice the cute Roo rug?  I spotted it at Tuesday Morning and just had to grab it!


And, thanks to a yummy "Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin" candle (from Bath and Body Works), our kitchen "smells" like Fall, too!


Thanks so much for visiting our Fall kitchen!


Happy Fall and come on over and party here:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures

Savvy Southern Style/WUW

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment