Thursday 5 September 2013

Sneak Peeks of Fall ...

Happy September, friends!  

I can hardly believe Fall is officially just a few weeks away!  Of course, you know I couldn't wait until then to start splashing colors of the upcoming season around the house.

And, lucky for me, Bath and Body Works puts their Fall candles out in August ... with "Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin" being the perfect scent to get me in the mood to "get my Fall on!"


There's something about the colors, elements and traditions of Fall that make our house feel like "home," whether it's a putting together a colorful vignette on our kitchen table ...  


or showcasing a single pinecone in a glass cloche.


A once empty bowl looks so much happier filled with pumpkins and raffia ...


Fall sprays (and a sorry attempt at a bow) now "crown" a lantern ...


and, urns somehow become the perfect place to nestle burlap, white pumpkins and splash of orange leaves.


Words of the season begin to appear ...


mercury pumpkins come out of hiding ...


and, unwanted visitors somehow become welcomed guests!


And, after SEV-eral attempts, I *think* I'm finally done with our Fall mantel!


Above all else, this season always reminds me of the importance of family, which is why I love putting together our Fall family tree!  It has become a yearly tradition and, admittedly, every time I hang this picture, I wish my son (now 7) was that 2 year old cutie-patootie again!


Soon, I'll be sharing sneak peeks of how Fall has crept onto our screened porch, too!

I can't wait to see how all of you have added the colors of the season to your homes!

Thanks so much for stopping by,

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment