Thursday 19 September 2013

Madubani Painted In Natural Dyes


An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.

Few days ago when I decided to paint the Madhubani art that my sister had drawn for me, an idea sparked in my mind. The idea was to paint the madhubani art in natural dyes to give it a perfect look and feel of ancient art form of India. Here is my artwork.
Madhubani Painting in natural dyes
Here is how I prepared natural dyes:
1 part Turmeric powder+2 part water+ boil = Yellow Color
Leaves (preferably spinach/smooth gourd/beans) + crush and squeeze = Sap Green
1 Part Beet root + 2 Part water + boil = Red color
1 part Blue berries + 2 Part water + boil = Blue color
You can use various flowers and vegetables to get different colors. Once you are ready with your natural dyes you can get more hues by mixing colors. Like mix red and yellow to get orange, mix blue and yellow to get green etc.

Madhubani Art
My palette of natural colors 
 I had hard time filling colors in this art as it has very intricate work and I completed it with utmost dedication and lot of patience.  

Madhubani Painting

Closer look of intricate work..

Madhubani Art



Madhubani Painting

Yes it has turtle too :)

Madhubani Design


Madhubani Pattern


Madhubani Fishes

I loved the painting totally. It has come out as I wanted it to be.
Have you seen my new blog Lakshya...not yet...then head over there and let me know what do you think of it :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment