Thursday 12 September 2013

Fall Sitting Room

As much as I love trying to create soft and serene spaces in our home, somehow, the "old Becca" resurfaces each Fall, wanting pops of bold color!  So, when it came time to tossing pumpkins around our sitting room, SOMEthing just wasn't working.  It was then that a trip to my favorite "Fabric Showcase" solved the problem!

BEFORE ... our "Summer" sitting room was calm, with panels done in soft shades of grey, cream and taupe:


And, HERE it is today!  COLOR!


When I spotted this pretty fabric, I thought it would be a fun addition (thanks to its beautiful deep orange background and various shades of brown, cream and duck egg blue) and tie in with the blue accent chest on the opposite wall:



Pieces which blended in with the other curtains now seem to have a bit more presence:



You may have noticed that I didn't stop there, as the bookcase got a little change for the new season, too.

BEFORE:


AFTER:  I traded out the grey and white script fabric for this cool brown and white chevron fabric (thanks for pointing that one out, Beth):


I love how Fall goodies bounce against it:



Even cute, inexpensive pumpkin plates (from Home Goods) seem to play nicely with it!


I also brought in these large candlesticks from the dining room (and, oops, I forgot to light the wicks for good luck) ... just might have to splash some AS Old Ochre on them to tie in a bit better with the new colors in here!



Over on this wall ... I added large Fall branches to an otherwise muted arrangement.  Annnd, to tie in with the curtains, I decided to add a tiny bit of the same fabric to a simple white pillow:  


I suppose I shouldn't get tooo used to these colors, as I'm sure the oranges and browns will be traded for lots of red later next month!  Oops ... thank goodness Fabric Showcase's prices are really reasonable!


So, tell me ... do you change your fabrics out to suit the seasons, too?  

As always, thanks for stopping by!

And, come on over and party here:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Stone Gable/Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits
Clean and Scentsible/The Inspiration Exchange

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment