Thursday 8 August 2013

It's the Little Things ...

Sometimes, I think that the name of my blog should be changed to "The Forgetful Blogger!"  There are so many little projects I do around our home that I intend to blog about as soon as I do them, alas, it's then weeks/months later, and I have yet to snap pictures ... oops! Hopefully, having been so inspired at the Haven Conference last week in Atlanta will make me a better blogger!  *fingers crossed*

For example ... in our breakfast area, I had this pretty buffalo checked cushion made for our bench a few months ago by my super talented neighbor, Christy.  Here we are ... months later, and I'm *just* now sharing it ... please tell me you can relate!


It's not a huge change (here is the BEFORE):


BUT, I think it adds a nice little pop to our breakfast area.  Sometimes, it's the little things, right?


The vignette on our table hasn't changed much ...


Except for an added little white pitcher, filled with spare utensils.  Again, the little things ...


Over on our dry bar, I added two decorative matching plates from Home Goods, which are identical to the plates I now have flanking the secretary in our great room.  I'm a repeat offender, what can I say?


I love how the green in the plate is "picked up" by the green faux grapes I have tucked inside one of my handy glass cloches:


Annnnd, I also added this cute little wrapped pitcher ready to be filled with a summer drink ... love the texure!


Little things can go a long way!


Now, I simply have to share something that's NOT so little!  I was truly flattered when Jennifer, from the beautiful and inspiring magazine "Artful Blogging," contacted me and asked if they could include my little old blog banner in the "Banners We Love" section!  I'm beyond flattered and sincerely appreciative!  THANK YOU, Artful Blogging!


Come party with me:

Coastal Charm/Nifty Thrifty TuesdayMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW


And, thank YOU for stopping by!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment