Tuesday 19 March 2013

Fabric, Paint and Spring!

You know the deal ... you're in your favorite fabric store ... looking for fabric for, ohhhh, let's say, your son's bathroom, when, all of a sudden, you spot a fabric that would be perfect for your dining room!

Not that anything was particularly *wrong* with the gold fabric (shown below) that you've had in there for the past few years ... wait, on second thought, I guess there was.


There was just SOMEthing about this new fabric that called out to me ... perhaps it was the gorgeous patterns filled with beautiful shades of grey, white, slate blue and a deep "dijon" ...


or, maybe it was because I knew that it would nicely complement the French script fabric on our chairs ...  



along with our furniture and accessories!  


Oh, and don't let me forget to mention it's normally $30 per yard, but, because it arrived from the manufacturer in runs of 3 or 4 yards, it had been marked down to $16 per yard!  Obviously, that pretty much sealed the deal!

After the new panels were hung (and I squealed), I turned my sights on our humongous mirror that was now calling out for a bit of attention.  It wanted to be fancy like the new fabric.  So, with a small craft sponge brush, I gave it two coats of gold paint (that I had on hand) ... hurray for free projects!


Of course, I then had to add a few eggs to celebrate the season!


And, naturally, the table was next ... 


I brought out our sweet bunnies (from Pier One) ... 


and, scattered a few speckled eggs on the runner in pretty shades of blue, green and cream.


New fabric ... a *pizazz-y* mirror ... and a touch of Spring!  Just what the decorating doctor ordered!



Now, a-BOUT that fabric for my son's bathroom ....!  LOL

As always, thanks for stopping by ... come on over and party here:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment