Monday 4 February 2013

Inspiring Eminent Bloggers: Suganthi

Blogger who is with us today is Suganthi who blogs over at Daydreams. Suganthi is very talented Quilling artist and has been blogging about this art for more than three years now. Her each and every quilling project is so unique and looks masterpiece. You have to see it to believe it. 

Welcome Suganthi, I am very excited to have you here on Design Decor & Disha. Please let us know little more about you.
I am a stay at home mother of two teenage boys. I studied to be a computer engineer, after my marriage I started to explore my aptitude for arts and crafts.

When and how you realized your passion about Quilling.
While looking for a tutorial on folding trees website I found a tutorial for a quilled snowflake, I fell in love with quilling that instant, the simplicity of the shapes and the materials used drew me to it. I found even my first pieces being admired and that got me started.


Quilled Floral Pattern
Can you talk about what prompted you to start the blog. In what ways has blogging affected your Quilling.
Me and my son one day in December  2009 just started a blog and posted my first two works just for fun, since starting a blog is so easy, I did not take it seriously until other bloggers started appreciating my work and following me ,Blogging has helped me learn so much in such a short time from other bloggers and from my own experiments. Every quiller has an unique style and bring something fresh to quilling which no one book can give. It is a great learning experience.

Quilled Daisies
What are the tools you use for Quilling.
There are so many new tools for quillers today, I used a slotted tool for rolling but my favorite is a needle tool. I use a needle tool for all my favorite projects. 

3D Quilling
 Of all your Quilling projects which one is your favorite and why.
My Quilled Durga is my most favorite, it was not easy but I am most happy with it. It is so far my biggest project.

What are the future projects you will be doing.
There are so many techniques which I am yet to try, I would like to do more quillography like my New year post.

What other then Quilling you love to do in your spare time.
I like to read books, sew, learn to crochet and story telling .

Please share the links where we can find your Art work and where my blog readers can get connected with you.
This is where I blog http://papercraftss.blogspot.in/, you can also find me on Facebook 

Spring Flowers
Which blogs inspire you and you love to visit them regularly.
Ann Martin's http://www.allthingspaper.net/  is my greatest inspiration. Ann features great paper artists and she is also my quilling inspiration. 

Last but not the least, as everyone dreams of being something in life, what you have dreamed of.
I dream of quilling big frame works. I love making quilled jewelry. I would love to grow in that direction .

Thank you Suganthi for being with us. I wish you all the best for your future and may all your wish come true. Now a request to my blog readers to visit Suganthi's lovely blog and shower your love by following and commenting.

Now time to show how I got inspired by Suganthi. Sharing image of quilled heart, more about this in my next post so stay tuned. 


Image mine

P.S. All images are Suganthi's and are subject to copyright.

For more regular updates like my Facebook page here. Thanks!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment