Saturday 5 January 2013

A New Addition

Greetings, friends!

While I should be putting our house back together after taking Christmas down last week ... SOMEhow, I found myself with a paint brush in my hand.

You see ... I've wanted to add an antique secretary to our great room for quite some time now, but, have never found one that I liked ... that is, until the other day (thanks to a rainy morning and Craigslist).

Here's what *she* looked like after we brought her inside ... in pretty good condition, despite dings here and there.  Still, I could practically hear her begging me for a makeover ... so, that's exactly what I did.


And, here's how she looks now, thanks to a can of Annie Sloane's "Pure White:"


Of course, I had to distress her a bit to honor peeks of her history (love the ball and claw feet):


I also decided she needed to be a bit fancy, so I replaced her rather nondescript wooden knobs with fun, clear *vintage-y* ones:


Lastly, to add a bit of pizazz, I painted on a simple, French graphic (thank you, again, Graphics Fairy)!


Before:


And, AFTER!


I truly hope she approves of her new look!

Now, back to vacuuming up glitter and finding everything I tucked away for the holidays!

And, come on over and play with us:

Savvy Southern Style/WUW
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
Jennifer Rizzo/Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party
From My Front Porch to Yours/Treasure Hunt Thursday

Thanks for stopping by,


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment