Friday 20 July 2012

I love Rum Cake!

Happy Friday !!

I'm keeping this short and sweet, but wanted to share something that we've wanted to do for a long time ... we *finally* got new carpet! 

BEFORE:  Not *too* bad ... in PICTURES!  But, up close ... it had a much different story to tell!  Trust me!


DURING:  Goodbye boring, flat builder-grade carpet filled with pet stains, kiddo stains, food/drink stains annnnd, yes, paint stains (not to mention lots of pink undertones, which I never truly noticed until after seeing this picture)!  


AFTER:  Well, hello Mohawk SmartStrand Silk "Rum Cake" carpet!  The fine folks from Lowe's installed it for us, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the installers' promptness, skill and professionalism.



I LOVE how lush and semi-shaggy this carpet is ... the padding is nice and thick, too!  Our Dyson is not quite sure what to do with carpet that it doesn't glide over ... it actually has to work now!  LOL 


We also had Jax's bedroom and "guest room turned playroom" done in this carpet, as well.  Our 4th bedroom (which is John's office) is hardwood.  Yes, this was definitely a "why didn't we do this years ago" project !!  I'm sure many of  you have those types, as well!


I hope you all have a great weekend.  I'm going to go roll around some more on the new carpet!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by,

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment