Sunday 27 May 2012

My Parents' *New* Sunroom ...

Happy Memorial Day weekend, friends !!

Last time, I shared with you all that my sweet parents asked me to redecorate a few of their spaces in their beautiful home.  *What* were they thinking?  LOL

They gave me "cart blanche," which scared me a bit because I didn't want to disappoint them, but, away I went and prayed the entire time.


Here is their sunroom before (this was the only picture I could find from Christmas a few years ago) beautifully dressed in reds/golds/greens.


And, here it is now ... hope you like it !!  My main goal was to make this an inviting and serene space for my parents. And, rather than sticking with the "safe" arrangment of a loveseat/sofa and two chairs, I opted for this four chair configuration.


I chose BM Wythe Blue for the walls.  And, I selected an inexpensive liner fabric to make the window panels (Allen + Roth bronze rods from Lowe's).  I picked out four SUPER comfy chairs are from Capri furniture ... love that they swivel, too!  Mom found the pretty swing arm lamp ... perfect for my Dad's reading spot.  The coastal pillows are from Pottery Barn.


I thought the "Beach House" sign would be a fun addition, too.  I love the rug Mom found at Belk.


Is this not the cutest rope table (from Ballard's).  The awesome lamp comes from none other than Pottery Barn!


I love the texture of the lamp shade and that you can add whatever you want to the inside of the lamp ... white sand and pretty seashells were the obvious choices:


Even though I think my parents were a bit worried when they saw this huge vintage sailboat come in and take over a bit of their view, I think that they've warmed up to it now.  I just love the dramatic focal point it makes!


The table that the boat is perched on *used* to look like this:


While I liked it, I just couldn't resist adding a coat of Annie Sloane's Old White chalk paint and distressing it a bit (yes, folks, I painted a brand new piece of furniture ... oops):



I chose this ottoman from Pottery Barn ... the base of it matches the textured lamp shade, too!


An oversized blue tray serves as a great place for Coastal Living magazines:


And, pretty clock bounces off of the wall color (NOT that anybody truly cares what time it is when you're at the beach though, right?)


I'm still tweaking ... the last thing we'll be adding are bamboo roman shades to the windows ... can't wait to see those as the crowning touch!

My parents are thrilled with the results (at least, that's what they've told me ... lol).  I truly hope they're enjoying their new space!

I'll be sharing changes to their great room soon!

I'm joining these fun parties ... come on over and play with us!

Savvy Southern Style/WUW
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday
Kristen's Creations/Share Your Creations
No Minimalist Here/Open House Party
Under the Table and Dreaming/Sunday Showcase
DIY by Design/Sizzle into Summer

Thanks for stopping by,

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment