Tuesday 15 May 2012

I've Gone *Postal* for Coastal

Greetings, friends ...

Hope all of you are well and enjoying the season!  I've taken a bit of a bloggy break to clean up from our 80's Prom Party (lol) and do some painting, which I'll soon share. 

For now, here are a few peeks of how, lately, I've gone *postal* for Coastal!  Maybe living a few short miles from the ocean has rubbed off on me. 

A vintage wooden boat, along with a picture of Sandbridge Beach, Virginia in the background (one of my favorite places to go as a child, where we'd spend two weeks every summer):


Of course, you need to have an anchor close by for your boat:


 A candle wrapped in manila boat rope with a sea fan tucked in the background:


A glass cloche is a fun way to "showcase" an interesting sea shell.  And, if you look closely, you can spy the nautical wallpaper in the background:


I also enjoy mixing shells with different textures ... in this case, a rich, wooden bowl (from Target):


How easy is it to add a piece of textured coral on top of a stack of books:


Here, I paired a piece of simple coral with a beautiful vintage black and white boat print (from HomeGoods):


Another sea fan serves as an added layer behind new candle holders (from Michael's).  Can you tell I love adding them *any*where for fun texture?


Speaking of candles, here I've nestled tapered ones into a glass hurricane filled with sand:


I've also added a couple of pretty pillows with soft, coastal colors:


Of course, I simply *had* to add driftwood:


And, lastly, I've scattered a few small glass floats around:


I'm waiting on a few more pieces of coastal goodies to arrive ... look forward to sharing them with you soon!  In the meantime, I'm off to catch up with all of your creativity that I've missed while on a break. 

Also, I hope I've encouraged a few of you to go "postal for Coastal" with me!

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Becca

0 comments:

Post a Comment