Saturday 11 February 2012

The DEETS of The Master Bedroom Mini-Makeover

Happy Saturday, friends!

Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments about our "refreshed, yet not done" master bedroom ... I truly, truly appreciate each and every note you shared!  As promised, I'm sharing the details of elements I used for our mini-makeover:


And, I apologize in advance because, not only am I sharing the same pictures as my last post, BUT, I'm also sharing a little video (don't laugh)! Please forgive the sound quality (that's what happens when you spill hot tea on your keyboard) and that, apparently, I have two black eyes ... yikes!


I know, I know ... you're still laughing at my big hair crazy self, aren't you?  LOL ... I am, too!

Okay, back to the *deets* ...

The paint products I used are:

Walls: BM White Sand
Trey: BM Palladian Blue
Ceiling: BM Ballet White


The white down comforter and matching duvet are from IKEA (last summer), and, the "Dream" pillow is from SteinMart.  The bedskirt is made from budget-friendly dropcloth!


The nightstands used to have the same finish as the bed, but, AS Old White chalk paint took over and, voila:


At the foot of the bed is the bench that normally sits in our dining room.  It used to have a cherry stain, but, last Spring, I painted it BM White Dove, followed by distressing/glazing/waxing.  I also recovered the seat in burlap:


The mirrored chest used to be in our sitting room. Isn't it fun to *shop* your own home for *fer-ee* ?! And, the slipcovers on the parson chairs are from SureFit (on sale):


The window treatments were made by me (*cough*) ... and, like I said in my video, I'm a cheater when it comes to decorating! Let's just say that there were a lot of straight pins involved in making these! Adding metal scrollies in between the curtain rod and top of your window is a fun way to fill in a bit:


As for the dresser ... this used to be on the wall where the armoire is now ... it's amazing what a big difference a little change can make! (The "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" sign is from my fave, Home Goods.)


The lamps *used* be red with flowers on them. Last year, I painted them Stratton Blue, but then, recently, added a coat of AS Duck Egg Blue. Such an easy way to make a fun change (and, yes, look at my cutie patootie who is about to turn six ... where does the time go?):


The pink wreath layered over the mirror above our bed is a recent 40% off (yippee) purchase from Michael's.  I love adding a soft, contrasting pop of color to our spaces:


As for the little blue plate above the amoire, if you're *really* lucky (NOT), I'll post a video on how I made it.  LOL


That's all for now, friends ... thanks again so very much for all of your thoughtful comments.

Happy decorating and have a fabulous day!





0 comments:

Post a Comment