Wednesday 21 December 2011

Off to the Christmas Breakfast Area ...

Eek ... I'm running out of time to share our Christmas home ... so, again, my apologies that I'm bombarding you with more!

Welcome to our Christmas breakfast area, which sits right off of the kitchen ... of course, it was only right to continue the whimsical theme over here, as well.


A little closer look:


I decided to keep the tablescape pretty simple ... both the red chargers and the cream plates are part of the BH&G line from Wal-Mart (purchased last year):  And, the *ca-ute* gingerbread guys and gals are from Cracker Barrel.  They're actually utensil holders; however, I opted to use them as napkin rings, instead:


I snagged the pretty wine glasses last year at Pier One:


For the centerpiece, I *scrunched* up a table cloth and layered a white cake stand (from PB) on top, along with a glass hurricane, which I surrounded with greenery, gingerbread cuties and red ornaments.  I love the little houses I found a few years ago (from Big Lots):


Aren't they fun?  Of course, the batteries went out on this one *right* before I snapped the pic:


I love seeing the glow of the Christmas tree through the glass:


Up above, I added some whimsy to the chandie by adding garland, mesh, ornaments and snowflakes.  I then decided to hang a few ornaments from glittery red ribbon:


 
Here's the temporary home to our mirrored table (which usually sits where the tree is) ... just a simple vignette on top:


 
A little red candle nestled in faux snow glows in a lantern from Home Goods:
 
 
On the other side is our dry bar ...
 

I spy sweet treats!

 
Jax loves "his" new gingerbread house (Cracker Barrel), especially because it lights up:
 

Our Candy Santa stands guard ...


along with our Baker Santa.  The candy trees are from Big Lots!

 
Thank goodness these treats are NOT fo' realz!
 

 
In the background is our chalkboard made out of inexpensive poster board (Dollar Tree) and my heavily relied on chalk markers!
 
 
Annnnd, of course, I had to carry a bit of the red up above to our white pieces:
 

I'll save a seat for you, so come on over!


Before you go, I thought I'd share the face of a boy who is beyond excited that school is OUT, and Santa is on his way!  Wooo Hoooo!

 
I'm off to finish shopping ... wish me luck!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
I'm linking up with:
 
Savvy Southern Style/WUW

0 comments:

Post a Comment