Tuesday 8 November 2011

Fall Dry Bar

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is only a few short weeks away ?!  I can't ... where has this year gone ?!

I thought I'd share part of our breakfast area today.  Some of you may remember that I painted our dry bar this past summer ... it went from this:


To THIS (I painted one coat of Annie Sloane's Old White chalk paint, followed by two coats of Chateaux Grey).  I then distressed it a bit and waxed (clear).  I also removed the center, glass doors to allow for more of a display area.  Here it is dressed for Fall:


My white ceramic roo from Home Goods (last year), nestled on raffia and a glass cake stand:


I filled a cream soup tureen with a few Fall picks ... you can see the *Menu* chalkboard peeking through in the back that I created out of black poster board and chalkpaint markers:


Another one of the beautiful, handcrafted velvet pumpkins that I won in a giveaway hosted by a sweet blogging buddy, Lela:


Up above, the shelves have a few little pieces of Fall, too.  I recently bought the stainless "Give Us this Day our Daily Bread" piece from GoodWill for only $2!


Simplicity:


And, you may have spied my new rooster prints that I found at Kirkland's earlier this Spring ... perfect for Fall!


Admittedly, though, I have to laugh because this area no longer looks as it does in the above pictures ... it has already been transformed for Christmas!  And, I look forward to sharing it all with you soon!

In the meantime, come on over and play at these fabulous parties:

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures

As always, thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment