Monday 12 September 2011

A Fall Vignette

Happy Monday!  Hopefully, everyone had a fabulous weekend, although I know that we all had difficult moments yesterday as many of us watched the 9/11 tributes.  I can't believe it's been 10 years ... our thoughts and prayers will continue to go out to all of the families and friends who lost loved ones on that tragic day.

Back to decorating ... I thought I'd share a Fall vignette that sits on the buffet in our great room.


I loved decorating it with its new AS Old White chalk paint attire. 


Starting on the left ... I raised our lamp up just a smidge by placing it on a small cream pedastal, which now helps to balance the cream in the vignette, as well.  Our initial "B" was on a lamp in the bedroom ... not anymore!  I then added a basket from Michael's, turned it on its side and "spilled" pumpkins, guords, pinecones and leaves from it.


Love all of the different shades of Fall in here:


I bought my handsome Mr. Roo at Pottery Barn last year ... thought he'd be a fun Fall addition to the buffet!


And, over on the right ... my cream fleur-de-lis vase, filled with natural elements, serves as a backdrop to the "must have" lantern.


I had leftover burlap, so I nestled this pretty leaves candle inside.  Love that it's battery operated.  Such a pretty glow ...


Speaking of glow ... how about an evening shot:


I'm sure I'll tweak this a bit more, but here it is for now!  Thanks for stopping by ... I'm off to join these fun parties ... come on along!

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
BNOTP/Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life/Tabletop Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Savvy Southern Style/WUW
2805/Potpourri Party
The Inspired Room/Fall Nesting Party

0 comments:

Post a Comment