Saturday 6 August 2011

I've Been Bit by the Graphics Fairy ...

and now I'm hooked !!  I know many of you are familiar with the Graphics Fairy blog, but I just recently started following along.  I couldn't resist the temptation after seeing so many amazing projects that have resulted from such cool images !!

I spotted this graphic and knew it was the one:


My stools have gone from this:


to THIS!


Whaddaya think?


Here's how I did it ... First, I painted my stools Old White (chalk paint).  I then lightly distressed them and added wax to both (except for the tops).

I then printed my selected image, got my pencil out and performed the ever-so-technical pencil transfer (turn the paper over, go over the back of the paper with pencil, turn the paper back over and tape to surface where you want to transfer ... then, with a pencil, trace over the letters/image carefully.  When you're done, lift the paper and you will see a penciled image for you to then trace/color over with your paint pen or brush).  Then, I used one of my paint markers to fill them in.  After the paint was dry, I lightly sanded over the tops to "age" the images just a tad.  I finished up by adding a coat of wax to the tops.  Easy peasy!


Love them popping against the chateaux grey island.



Thank you, Graphics Fairy ... you rock!  And, I'm afraid that my love affair has just begun!

And, as an aside, thank you all so very much for your endearing and comforting comments about Mrs. Farleigh.  She truly was an amazing woman, and I know her family appreciates having read your thoughtful notes, as well ... thank you so, so much.

Be sure and visit these fun parties:

Dittle Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
Graphics Fairy/Brag Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Southern Savvy Style/WUW
Delightful Order/Delightfully Inspiring
Miss Mustard Seed/Furniture Feature Friday
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday

As always, thanks for stopping by,



0 comments:

Post a Comment