Thursday 16 June 2011

Please Make Room on the Bandwagon ...

because my large tuckus and I are climbing on!  (lol)

Yup, I *finally* painted my first piece using Annie Sloan's chalk paint! 


BEFORE (last Fall):


AFTER:


Admittedly, I decided to play it safe my first go round with this paint and chose Old White, followed by a bit of distressing and clear wax.  I love the bit of sheen the wax gives you after buffing:


BEFORE:

AFTER:  Once again, I decided to keep the top in its original dark-stained state. I also painted the mirror white earlier this Spring; however, I did dry brush a bit of Old White on it to tie it in better with the buffet.  Alas, I already have changes for this wall ... can you say gallery?!  The wheels are a' spinnin'! 


Here are a few pics of the tabletop as it appears today:





A refreshing change, for sure ...


... although, I need to start delving into other colors!

And, would you just look at my poor, pitiful *frozen* kitty, who has clearly passed out from all of the paint fumes that have been invading our home lately! (lol)


What oh what to paint next ?!  Hmmm .....

And, I just have to mention that I'm super excited because, not too long ago, I told a friend of mine (who owns a wonderful local consignment shop) about chalk paint.  Well, lo and behold if she didn't then go and out and decide to become a stockist ... yippee!  She just got her first inventory of paint, which I got to see up close and personal the other day ... can't wait to explore more!  Once she gets her online system up and running, I'll be sure and pass along her information!  All of you living in South Carolina and/or neighboring states will now have a closer place to purchase chalk paint! 

I'm off to finish getting my porch and patio ready for the super fun blogger block party!

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with my creative buddies:

At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
Miss Mustard Seed/Furniture Feature Friday
Fingerprints on the Fridge/Feature Yourself Friday
DebbieDoos/Summer Paint Party
Thrifty Decor Chick/Before and After Party
Shades of Amber/AS Chalk Paint Party
Perfectly Imperfect/All Things Furniture
Becca


0 comments:

Post a Comment