Saturday 21 May 2011

Patriotic Wreath ...

Happy Day! 

After being inspired by the mesh wreaths that popped up around Easter (thanks to Kristen's awesome tutorial), I decided to take a stab at it and create one for Memorial Day/4th of July, especially considering the strong sense of patriotism in the air these days!

I started with this (along with a work wreath and three beaded flag necklaces that aren't pictured):


And made this:


I did it a bit differently than Kristen though.  Instead of cutting the ribbon into strips and tying it in knots all the way around the wreath, I purchased a work form wreath and added all three ribbons (one color at a time) all the way around the wreath, creating both inner and outer layers.  I then threaded the beaded flag necklaces in and out of the mesh all the way around the wreath:



 Love the patriotic punch of color it adds to our front door!


While we're out here, take a peek at my beautiful coleus which is growing a rapid rate in the urns ... my poor accent grass and creeping Jenny are being overtaken!


Happy *early* Memorial Day!


And, OH, by the way ... GUESS what arrived in the mail today?!  Yippee!


Thanks for stopping by ... have a great day!

Linking up to:

Dittale Dattle/Amaze Me Monday
BNOTP/Metamorphosis Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures
Southern Savvy Style/WUW




0 comments:

Post a Comment