Tuesday 31 May 2011

A Dining Room in White ...

Well, my hands are cramped and my fingers are still swollen (wait ... that's probably from all of the salt intake in the goodies I inhaled during the Memorial Day parties we enjoyed this weekend ... nevermind), but it's DONE !!

Here are the results of a crazy decorator (a/k/a ME) who was determined to give her dining room a new look by painting every.single.piece of furniture (all dark stained) BM White Dove, followed by sanding, staining and waxing!

Take a peek around ...



Some of you may remember that I purchased this sideboard last Fall and debated whether or not to paint it.  Many of you suggested I leave it alone ... alas, I simply couldn't.  I left the top alone though (does that count) ?!


Loved distressing its legs:


And, I'm sure you're not surprised that I added an animal print runner on top!


Not only did I paint all of the chairs, but I recovered them as well.  And, for the arm chairs flanking the sideboard, I found these pillows at Pier One (on SALE) ... they simply screamed at me to take them home to add whimsical pops of color:




Let's  not forget the bench, which was the first piece in this room I attacked with my paintbrush!


I LOVE how the tabletop gleams now that I refinished it (from a cherry stain to dark walnut to match the top of the sideboard):


I knew that I wanted a pop of color on the table.  When I spotted this gorgeous vase at HomeGoods, I knew it was "the one" !!


Love the crackle finish and ornate detail on the sides:


A silver tray is perched on top, holding everything needed to "set" the table:


Plate wall remains the same:


There are two more items on my list in order to complete this room ... a cowhide rug layered on top of the sisal rug, along with a vintage chandie, dripping in bling bling!  Wish me luck ...


Annnnnnd, a nighttime shot:


As always, thanks for stopping by! 

Linking up to these fabulous par-tays:

Savvy Southern Style/WUW
Elements Interiors/Whassup Wednesday
No Minimalist Here/Open House
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday
Miss Mustard Seed/Furniture Feature Friday
At the Picket Fence/Inspiration Friday
Under the Table and Dreaming/Sunday Showcase
Thrifty Decor Chic/Before and After Party
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/Tuesday's Treasures

0 comments:

Post a Comment