Tuesday 30 November 2010

Nutcracker Mantel

Greetings!  And, thank you all SO much for your thoughtful comments about my whimsical Christmas kitchen decor!  I really appreciate it ... your sweet notes are the reason why I blog.  Again, thank you!   

Since we're all in (or getting in or need to be in) the holiday spirit, and the blog Christmas par-tays are beginning, I thought I'd share my great room mantel today.  Like last year, I chose to embellish it with nutcrackers.  However, this year, I added a few more ornaments, snowflakes and beads:



These pretty green, red and gold shatterproof ornaments are from Wal-Mart ($5 for a box of 18)!  Love.


Last year, I had one simple row of gold beads (from Old Time Pottery).  This year, I added more ... fun:


I added the gold, glittery snowflakes this year, as well (from a local Christmas shop):



I also decided it might be fun to add a couple of canisters of the traditional Christmas nuts.  Of course, I just *had* to perch a mini nutcracker right on top.


Up above, the wreath is adorned with a few Christmas gold, red and green balls:


And, what fireplace would be complete without fresh cookies and cold milk waiting for Santa!


I leave you with a nighttime shot, with the mantel all aglow! 


Thanks for stopping by!  Come on over and visit the following blogs who are having fun gatherings:

The Lettered Cottage/Holiday Home Linky Party

Savvy Southern Style/Boring to Better Party

Southern Hospitality/Vignette Party

French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest Friday

Southern in My Heart/Inspiration Friday

Bargain Hunting with Laurie/Favorite Things

The Tablescaper/Seasonal Sundays



Hugs,

0 comments:

Post a Comment