Sunday 7 November 2010

Buh bye, Mr. Pumpkin ...

Happy Sunday.  Brrr, it's cold outside!

Well, considering I've had my Fall decor up since the latter part of August, I've decided it's time to start adding Christmas! I spent most of yesterday taking all of the leaves and pumpkins down (and confusing my 4 year old son who asked why I'm putting Christmas up when it's not even Thanskgiving yet ... he'll learn, right?  lol)! 

In the meantime, Beth over at her fabulous blog, The Stories of A to Z, is having a last year's Christmas Mantel linky party to get everyone in the mood for Christmas decor.  So, I thought I'd join the fun and share just a couple of pics of my mantel back then, which was dressed with a big ol' garland ... glittery nutcrackers and festive finials. 


A closer look (my apologies for the poor photo quality):


I love the nutcrackers ... and will probably be placing them on my mantle again this year.  However, I'd love to switch it up a bit, so we'll see.

And, since there is no way I will be *over*decking the halls like I did last year (when our home was on the local Christmas Tour of Homes Parade), I thought I'd share a link to my home from last year.  Just click here: Part 1 of my holiday home tour from last year if you feel like seeing Christmas on overload!

Thanks for stopping by,

0 comments:

Post a Comment