Friday 17 September 2010

It's a Fall Cloche Par-tay!

Happy Friday!  There are lots of Fall gatherings going on in blogland this week!  I'm joining the fun at A Stroll Thru Life, Southern in My Heart, Color Outside the Lines, Style Feature Saturday, The DIY Showoff Fall Festival, Tatertots and Jello, Funky Junk InteriorsUnder the Table and Dreaming and Kozaks' Closet and It's So Very Cheri  ... I thought I'd join the fun.  Here are a few of the cloches (and other glass containers) that are scattered throughout our home, showing off the season's colors.  (Feel free to click on the pics to enlarge them).

In our breakfast area, this cloche sits on a red-tiered buffet table from Kirkland's.  The cloche actually belongs on a different, dark brown base, but I though I'd pair it with the white dessert stand instead to allow the pine cone, pear, red pomegranate, leaves and berries to pop against it: 



On the other side of the breakfast table, I placed wine corks, along with a few acorns, in this glass hurricane that is on our wine bar:


The hurricane sits on what used to be the base for a glass fruit bowl (that is, until I broke the bowl ... ooooops):


Over in our great room, the coffee table has a simple tray filled with books and this candle holder, which I chose to fill with *rustic* potpourri:


Also in the great room, these glass hurricanes are filled with all things Fall and are displayed on the mantle.


On the buffet table, I decided to pair the candle in the glass lantern with just a couple of leaves and pinecone:



In the sitting room, you'll find this cloche that I placed on a fun and fancy gold cake stand from Home Goods.  I placed folded up book pages, a pinecone, pumpkin, leaves and a little shell (from our nearby beach) inside of it.  I topped it with a raffia bow and called it a day:


I like mixing casual with fancy:


Walking across the way to the dining room, the floral centerpiece is flanked by large hurricanes (Cindy Crawford line at JCPenney's).  Like the hurricane on the coffee table in the great room, I stuck with a more muted, simple filler of acorns and pine cones (found at Pier One and Kohls).  Something is missing though.  Oh, wait, I know(!) ... it's needs some raffia!  Can you tell I'm overdosing on those bows this season?  Pretty soon, I'll be wearing one in my hair!  LOL.



Outside on the screened porch, I placed these large lanterns (from my fave Home Goods) on the fireplace mantle.  I filled them with a large candle, along with leaves, pumpkins, acorns and guords (a mix that I found at Michaels):



Lastly, I filled this votive with a few large pumpkins (from Michaels) and set it beside one of the rocking chairs on the porch as well.  I'd like to raise it up a bit though by sitting it on a few books ... that's *if* I can find them.  Hmmmm ....


Well, folks, that's all for now.  I'm off to look at everyone else's fun Fall projects! 

Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment